Anxiety is one of the most prevalent mental health issues among nursing students,
Yet- it would appear that not much intervention is being done by the education system to help students manage & cope with their anxiety.
How could things be better in our education system?What would YOU change, if given the chance?
In today’s episode, my guest, Sarah Michelle, and I discuss:
- Reform in nurse practitioner education.
- The gap in how nursing students are addressed in the education system, and why we need to accommodate for where each student is at.
- Anxiety in the classroom and uncomfortable situations in the clinical setting.
- How Sarah Michelle handled having a panic attack during a clinical rotation.
- Cutting through the self-doubt of, “am I cut out for nursing?”
- Our opinions on differences between NP and RN school.
- Are NPs actually prepared to be ready to graduate, or…?
and plenty more!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Click Here To Read The Full Transcription for this episode!
- Learn how Sarah Michelle can help you pass your exams at npreviews.com.
- Enroll in one of Sarah Michelle’s live study groups here!
- Follow @sarahmichellenp on Instagram
- 🎙 Listen to Ep. #048 Overcoming Board Exam Anxiety with Sarah Michelle, NP on the Nurse Becoming Podcast!
- ⭐️ Learn more about HCA Healthcare’s Nurse Residency Program at: careers.hcahealthcare.com/residency
- ⭐️ NP students: join me for a live class on July 14th where I teach you how to find and ask preceptors – step by step! http://www.theresumerx.com/preceptor
- If you enjoyed this episode and would like to support me in being able to create new & valuable content for The Nurse Becoming Podcast, buy me a coffee here ☕️ 😊
Listen to more episodes here!