What if you could find a clinical rotation and, through your nursing experience, turn your rotation into a job opportunity?
If landing a job before you graduate nursing school sounds unrealistic, allow me to introduce you to Shelby Pope.
Shelby shared a great story about how she not only landed her dream clinical rotation, she was also able to transform that rotation into a JOB OFFER that was held for her for a year while she was getting ready to graduate!
Yes she really did that. 👏👏
With so many NP students struggling to set up their own clinical rotations, how did Shelby manage to achieve this as a new-grad NP?
Today I’m re-airing this major fan-favorite episode, How To Find Clinical Sites That Lead to Dream Jobs with Shelby Pope.
It’s a great chance to catch up on a Best Of episode you may have never heard, or re-learn and reinforce powerful insights.
In today’s “Best Of Nurse Becoming” episode, Shelby and I discuss:
- Shelby’s personal story and nursing journey – We dive into her 7+ years registered nursing experience in neuro, ICU and ambulatory care and how her unique life circumstances influenced her decision to become an NP.
- How Shelby approached her clinical rotations in an unconventional way that made the most of her education and also helped her secure a job.
- What her first nursing job was like – and why it was far from picture perfect.
- Shelby’s “long term vision approach” for how she was able to land clinical rotations that could lead to future opportunities (I FULLY endorse her approach!)
- Advice to anyone in NP school who is struggling with having to set up their own clinical rotations.
- Big lessons turning into action as a new NP
- And more!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Listen to Josh’s Episode on Nurse Becoming: Landing a Dream Job Months Before Graduation
- 🎧 Networking Secrets Part 1
- 🎧 Networking Secrets Part 2
- Download The Nurse Practitioner Graduation Survival Guide, completely free at: https://theresumerx.com/npgrad
- If you enjoyed this episode and would like to support me in being able to create new & valuable content for The Nurse Becoming Podcast, buy me a coffee here ☕️ 😊
Listen to more episodes here!