You’ve been studying hard for years to become a nurse practitioner, and now you are finally ready to start job hunting. Amazing!
But to start the job search as a new NP – let alone actually land your dream job as a new graduate – can sure feel like an uphill climb.
So I’d like to help you with that by sharing something a little different and airing the audio from an Instagram live chat I did with Nurse Clara.
If you don’t know Clara, you definitely should – she is a labor and delivery nurse who recently graduated from her FNP program and got a job working in a GYN practice!
In today’s episode, Nurse Clara and I discussed:
- When is the right time to start your job search after graduating?
- How cultivating solid clinical relationships can impact your job search
- Reverse engineering your job search and how to do it!
- How to cold outreach to clinics (without being “annoying”)
- The professional follow up period you should take into consideration
- Can you apply for your dream position when they require 2-3 years of experience?
And so much more.
I think you’ll enjoy hearing the experience of someone who has just gone through the process, and of course I share my best practices as well. Tune in now!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Click Here To Read The Full Transcription for this episode!
- Follow Nurse Clara on Instagram
- Learn more about HCA Healthcare’s Nurse Residency Program at: careers.hcahealthcare.com/residency
- Download The Nurse Practitioner Graduation Survival Guide, completely free at: https://theresumerx.com/npgrad
- If you enjoyed this episode and would like to support me in being able to create new & valuable content for The Nurse Becoming Podcast, buy me a coffee here ☕️ 😊
Listen to more episodes here!