Wondering what nursing certifications you should get?
Depending on your nursing specialty area of interest, there are several types of certifications to help propel your nursing career forward.
Most nurses I know start with one, maybe two certifications, but a while back I came across a viral LinkedIn post about an amazingly talented nurse named Casey Green.
Casey, also known as Critical Care Casey, is a registered nurse and critical care nurse working in the ER, the ICU, transport and pre-hospital settings.
One of the reasons why I knew I had to connect with Casey was because she has QUITE the impressive certification collection!
I’m talkin’ – BSN, RN, CCRN, CTRN, CFRN, CEN, TCRN, CPEN
… The list goes on!
Casey is even the 85th nurse to hold all five Board of Emergency Nursing certifications – impressed yet?
In today’s episode, Casey shares her nursing journey and specialty experience with us! We discussed:
- How many certifications Casey holds as a registered nurse.
- Casey’s “cert sprint” and how she passed her certifications so quickly.
- What it’s like working between the ICU and ER.
- The typical day & employment criteria for a critical care nurse working in transport.
- The aftermath of Casey’s viral LinkedIn post – What opportunities Casey succeeded in (Hello, First Lady! 👀 ) following her viral moment.
And tons more. I know this episode is going to resonate with many of you!
Signing off today’s blog post with a motivational quote –
“It’s the will, not the skill that makes anything possible”.
Remember – You can do anything that you desire! What you will, will be.
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Click Here To Read The Full Transcription for this episode!
- Follow Casey on Instagram @CriticalCareCasey or @HeyCaseyG!
- Connect with Casey Green on LinkedIn
- Learn more about HCA Healthcare’s Nurse Residency Program at: careers.hcahealthcare.com/residency
- I created a free guide for you to get started with writing your résumé and cover letter. Head to www.theresumerx.com/guide to snag it completely free!
- If you enjoyed this episode and would like to support me in being able to create new & valuable content for The Nurse Becoming Podcast, buy me a coffee here ☕️ 😊
Listen to more episodes here!