Ever thought about becoming a Physician Assistant and want to learn more about the PA profession? Here are some things you may not know about!
When my friend, Jean Kelly, landed an amazing role as a Physician Assistant in clinical research, I immediately had a million questions for her.
Lucky for me, Jean graciously agreed to come on the podcast today to chat all about clinical research, walk us through a day in her life, and share her experience in an NP PA fellowship program.
If you’re the type of person who enjoys the research side of our industry,
Or you get excited about the idea of being an integral part of the potential of medicine,
… Or you just love to geek out on science (like I do) 🤓 … this episode is for you!
Not many of us know about the clinical research side of our industry – So I hope you enjoy this new level of exposure to another possibility that exists for your career path.
In today’s episode, Jean Kelly answers:
- What was PA school like?
- How did you find your first job after graduating?
- What was your experience like taking a fellowship program?
- What led you to changing your career?
- What did you learn about working night shifts?
- What is it like working in clinical research? Are you always seeing patients?
- What is a day in the life of a PA?
- What advice would you give to someone interested in pursuing a clinical research path?
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Click Here To Read The Full Transcription for this episode!
- Learn more about HCA Healthcare’s Nurse Residency Program at: careers.hcahealthcare.com/residency
- Download The Nurse Practitioner Graduation Survival Guide, completely free at: https://theresumerx.com/npgrad
- If you enjoyed this episode and would like to support me in being able to create new & valuable content for The Nurse Becoming Podcast, buy me a coffee here ☕️ 😊
Listen to more episodes here!