Featuring nurse voices in the media is needed now more than ever – especially beyond the clinical industry.
When nurse practitioners and RN’s know how to contribute their stories and unique perspectives to the wider world, it bridges the gap between the unknown and understanding.
But also, expressing yourself is a hard thing to do. 😬
Which is why I am excited to introduce you to Dr. Patrice Little, Board-certified FNP and Founder of NP Student Magazine.
In today’s episode, Dr. Patrice Little and I discuss:
- Patrice’s nursing journey and career progression – how Patrice blended her passions of media & science to create NP Student Magazine
- Why it’s so important to have more nursing voices featured in the media
- How to get started contributing your voice in the media!
- What’s next for NP Student Mag – and why you should consider getting involved!
And so much more… (I mean it. We talked mental health, law of attraction, racial reconciliation and Patrice’s next big projects.)
This is one of my favorite episodes of 2022 so far. I hope that this episode can excite you to take the leap & put yourself out there more!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Click Here To Read The Full Transcription for this episode!
- Learn more about NP Student Magazine at www.npstudentmagazine.com and on Instagram at @npstudentmag
- Follow Dr. Patrice Little on Instagram at @drpatricelittle
- Abraham Hicks and The Law of Attraction
- Sign the pledge at nursingwithintention.org!
- If you enjoyed this episode and would like to support me in being able to create new & valuable content for The Nurse Becoming Podcast, buy me a coffee here ☕️ 😊
Listen to more episodes here!
MORE ON TODAY’S GUEST:
Dr. Patrice Little is a Board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner, Founder of NP Student Magazine, producer and writer for Georgia Public Broadcast, and author of Out of Crazy Born Genius: Reclaim Life Worth Living after (Child) Abuse. She has 13 years of nursing experience and five years of media experience. Her special interest includes atopical dermatitis, adverse childhood experiences, correctional medicine, and ophthalmology. Dr. Little has been featured on WSBTV, Atlanta Live, SheFinds, Atlanta Parent Magazine and more. She received her DNP from Georgia Baptist College of Nursing of Mercer University, MSN in Family Nurse Practitioner from Brenau University, BS in Biology/Pre-Medicine and BS in Nursing from Georgia Southwestern State University. Dr. Little has two children who are aspiring dancers. She enjoys freestyle dancing, road races, and nature walks.