Neonatal NP’s are advanced practice registered nurses (APRN) that help provide care to high-risk newborn infants who require postnatal care due to low birth weights, heart abnormalities, infections and other complications.
It’s not a specialty for the faint of heart, and understandably you may begin to wonder –
Is becoming an NNP the right nursing specialty for you?
If you have questions about how to become a neonatal np, what to expect or what skills you need to succeed, learn more about neonatal medicine from today’s NP Specialty guest, Tammi Boswell, MSN, NNP-BC.
In today’s ✨ NP Specialty Takeover ✨ episode, tune in to hear:
- How to become an NNP – Tammi shares her 10 year+ journey in the NICU
- A typical day in the life of an NNP – Responsibilities, what to look out for, and how Tammi organizes her schedule & number of patients
- How stressful Neonatology can be and Why it’s so important to know how to do THIS well!
- The best parts about providing care for babies
- Valuable skills you should work on if you want to specialize in neonatology, and more!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Click Here To Read The Full Transcription for this episode!
- Follow Tammi on Instagram @nurse2nnp
- Connect with Tammi Boswell on LinkedIn
- Get all 10 episodes of the NP Specialty Takeover Podcast Series now! 🎧 Go to nptakeovers.com and enter your email to gain FREE ACCESS to this private podcast feed.
Listen to more episodes here!