We’re back today with another NP Specialty Takeover Episode!
If you are choosing which field to specialize in as a nurse practitioner, this exclusive podcast series will take you behind the scenes of TEN different NP specialties, so that you can make the best decision for your future.
✨ Pssst! Click this link to get free access to all ten episodes now!
Today’s NP Specialty guest is Tempesst Merricks, PMHNP-BC.
Tempesst is a board certified psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) working in outpatient psychiatry in Washington state. Her mission is to help new and aspiring PMHNP’s thrive in their professional development and help them achieve their goals!
In today’s episode, Tempesst answers all…
- How she got into the PMHNP field and what she did in school to emerge into this specialty.
- Her typical day and work schedule – how many patients per day, hours, days per week and the type of workplace setting.
- What it’s like working in a “full practice state”.
- Is the psychiatric specialty a high, medium or low stress environment?
- Tempesst’s favorite part about working as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Desirable skills to consider before working in this specialty
- Recommendations for getting started or transitioning into the PMHNP field, and more!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Be sure to Follow Tempesst on Instagram @tempesstthepmhnp!
- Learn more and get free resources on her website: Tempesst the PMHNP
- Explore 10 different NP specialties on the THE NP SPECIALTY TAKEOVER PODCAST SERIES! Go to NPTakeovers.com to get all episodes, free!
Listen to more episodes here!