Wonder which NP specialty is right for you?
Choosing your specialty as a nurse practitioner is not for the faint of heart. It requires curiosity, passion, and commitment to focusing one’s expertise towards providing a unique level of care and impact on a patient’s life.
But oftentimes, many NP’s find it challenging deciding on a nursing specialty – and I don’t blame them. It’s a BIG decision!
If you’re struggling to decide on your NP specialty, or feel a little stuck about which path to go down, I’m pleased to introduce you to… (Drum roll, please)…
✨ The NP Specialty Takeover Podcast Series! ✨
This exclusive NINE episode series showcases a variety of NP specialties and will give you a 360° view of each nursing career path so that you can make good decisions for your future.
You’ll hear four of these episodes on the podcast in the coming weeks and months, however –
If you want all nine episodes right now, they are ready for you inside my private podcast feed at www.nptakeovers.com!
Today we get to hear from Janice Linton, DNP, APRN, ANP-BC, CCRN, ACHPN about palliative care.
Janice Linton is an ANP of 8 years in palliative care, a mother, wife, career coach and assistant professor in a graduate nursing program for FNP students. Janice is also the president and co-founder of the Advance Planning Learning Institute.
Listen as Janice takes us behind the curtain of the Palliative Care specialty, including:
- The chain of events that led her to landing her first NP job
- How Jance made the transition into palliative care and why she chose this speciality
- The best and most difficult parts about working in palliative care
- Considerations to be aware of when going into palliative care
- The importance of acquiring and improving your communication skills within the field of palliative care
- Questions to ask yourself – Is palliative care a good opportunity for you?
and so much more!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Connect with Janice Linton on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Advance Planning Learning Institute via Janice’s website
- Janice’s 📕 recommendation: Being Mortal by Dr. Atul Gawande
- Find communication resources created by CAPC and VitalTalk
- Get all 9 episodes of the NP Specialty Takeover Podcast Series now! 🎧 Go to nptakeovers.com and enter your email to gain FREE ACCESS to this private podcast feed.
Listen to more episodes here!