Receiving multiple job offers at the same time is an exciting circumstance when you’re searching for an NP position,
But it can bring up challenging questions like, “Which one should I take?” and “How do I make the right choice?”
First of all, take a deep breath and realize that this is a GOOD ‘problem’ to have.
And with a few communication pointers and decision-making tips, you’ll be ready to sign on the dotted line!
I’ve laid out how to weigh two job offers against one another in this week’s episode and included 3 key areas to consider when contrasting your prospects.
I also share suggestions for how to reply in such a way that respectfully communicates your enthusiasm, gets your questions heard, and allows you more time to make your decision.
In today’s episode, I’ll walk you through:
- The 3 key factors to consider when weighing the pros and cons of a job offer
- How your future goals and longer term desires impact your job decision
- What else to consider when it comes to salary and benefits (This is something not usually talked about, but I definitely want my new grad NPs to hear this!)
- What to say and do when you have more than one job offer…
- How I would reply to these job offers
- How to secure more time to make your decision
- When it’s OK to turn down a job offer (and why I encourage it)
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- If you are ready to become the NP you always wanted to be, then NP Society membership is the place for you. This is a community that is designed for Nurse Practitioners (and students) to thrive beyond the clinical setting. Head to www.thenpsociety.com to choose your membership level today!
Listen to more episodes here!