Where are all my brand new NP’s at?
Let me start by saying this: It’s NOT your fault!
There really IS a lot of confusion when it comes to job searching as a new graduate. And not many clear and consistent guidance available. (Believe me, I’ve checked.)
So today, I’m answering the most common and confusing questions surrounding job searching as a new nurse practitioner, and I’ve broken everything down into two parts.
In the first half of the episode, we’ll cover the order for which you should be checking items off of your list after graduation, such as when you should apply for your license, sit for Boards, and when to get your DEA number.
The second half is all on when to begin your NP job search. You may be surprised by the different steps in this process.
Listen in to hear:
- My recommendations for job search applications & what to do during your last semester in school
- The “order of operations” post graduation (It’s time we demystify the confusion here, don’t you think?)
- Why it’s important to leverage relationships in your outreach and job searching strategy
- Exactly when to start your NP job search
- What to keep in mind if you’re looking at job board postings (this little nugget might just bring you more confidence when hitting “submit” on that online job posting!)
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Remember, not all jobs are posted online!
- Download The Nurse Practitioner Graduation Survival Guide, completely free at: https://theresumerx.com/npgrad
Listen to more episodes here!