Today I have the great honor of sharing one of my favorite conversations with you – an interview I did with Dr. Courtney Shihabuddin.
Dr. Courtney is a Board Certified Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner based in Columbus, OH.
Not only does she have over 11 years of experience as a nursing professional, Courtney also serves as a mentor, keynote speaker and advocate for young women with breast cancer.
Last year in 2020, Dr. Courtney went through a big life change when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in the midst of a global pandemic.
It was a privilege to hear Courtney tell her story openly; we discussed:
- Her 11 year nursing professional journey; from graduating school to getting her start in health care public relations in NYC and beyond.
- How Dr. Courtney got her first nursing job.
- Her biggest regret from NP school…
- Dr. Courtney’s breast cancer diagnosis in 2020; The screening process, the role-reversal from provider to patient, and what it was like for Courtney to schedule surgery during COVID-19.
- How Dr. Courtney’s experience has shaped her practice as a provider and teacher.
- The impact of social media and how Courtney is using her platform to empower the next generation of NP’s.
And much more.
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Meet and learn more about Courtney over at: npcourtney.com
- Follow Courtney on Instagram
- Get 10% off NP Courtney Practice Guides by using the code THERESUMERX
- Learn more about mentorships with NP Courtney
- Are you ready to be the NP you always wanted to be? Learn more about The NP Society here!
Listen to more episodes here!