How much of a difference could being an Interview Pro make for you?
Let’s find out. Try this visualization with me:
Imagine walking into that employer’s office (or clicking “Join With Video” on Zoom since most of us are interviewing remotely these days) and realizing that the person in front of you has the power to change your life.
You’ve arrived at the “final destination” in your job search, and now you’ve got to talk about yourself.
Now answer me this:
Can you say with 100% confidence that your interview and communication skills would influence that hiring manager to give you a life-changing opportunity?
If you didn’t answer with a resounding “yes!”, that’s completely OK and normal.
As much training as NP’s have completed, a knowledge gap still exists for most of us;
Nobody taught us how to glow with confidence and communicate our value.
The good news is, it’s all learn-able,
And Executive Career Coach, Dr. Ashlee Klevens Hayes is on the podcast today to show us how!
Dr. Ashlee Klevens Hayes, PharmD/MHA, is the founder and Executive Career Coach & Strategist of RX Ashlee. She is the Former Director of Clinical Operations and Faculty at the University of Southern California, and she now leads the company with a mission to teach healthcare professionals how to stand out in a competitive marketplace and thrive in their careers.
Ashlee and I covered:
- What is interview prep exactly and what Ashlee encourages you do in order to stand out over another candidate
- The power of negotiation strategy
- What to do before you answer a single interview question!
- The Top 5 Interview Mistakes and How To Avoid Making Them
(I’m personally glad she included #4 because this is NEVER openly talked about.)
- How to reframe your mindset so that you can exude your true value shine with confidence from the inside out – and,
- Answers to your questions like “Should I memorize my answers before an interview?” and “Should I accept a job offer on the spot?”
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Learn more about Ashlee and how she can help you nail your next interview at her website: rxashlee.com
- Follow Ashlee on Instagram: @drashleehayes
- Connect with Dr. Ashlee Hayes on LinkedIn
- Looking to watch my totally free, on demand video training on why oversaturation isn’t the problem? Find out what 3 mistakes are actually keeping you from your dream job at: https://www.theresumerx.com/npclass/
NEW! Grab my FREE interview guide and I’ll walk you through the 7 most common questions you’ll encounter in an interview plus give you a list of some uncommon ones that might take you by surprise.
Listen to more episodes here!