If you’re buying gifts for nurses…good luck trying to find something original or actually practical.
To be honest, gifts are not my love language. I don’t much care for giving or receiving gifts (weird, I know).
This means that I rely on well researched gift guides, and often recommendations of others, to decide what to buy.
I never know what to give my nurse besties, and I also never know what to tell my family when they ask what I’d like as a gift. So, here are $20 gifts that are perfect for the medical professional in your life. I hope you find something you love for someone you love…even if that someone is you!
*Note: this post contains affiliate links
20 (HIGHLY RATED) GIFTS FOR NURSES
1. Kicking things off with a funny, this laryngoscope bottle opener is perfect for any rapid response enthusiast in your life!
2. If you’ve ever known the misery of cracked or discolored stethoscope tubing, you’ll be really excited to get your hands on a scopeskin – a washable neoprene protector for your scope (and your skin).
3. Can you imagine a non-medical person showing up to your house for the first time and finding a stuffed bodily organ on your bed or armchair? That experience can be YOURS with one of these colons from I Heart Guts (don’t worry, almost all organs are represented in plush and stickers).
4. Here’s a perfectly practical gift that’s great for someone in a hospital OR outpatient setting. This bag has tons of pockets, a laptop compartment, and is top rated by purchasers!
5. Telemetry on the toilet anyone? This EKG toilet paper is a great unit Secret Santa gift or just something fun to keep in the staff bathroom.
6. Another practical gift! This trendy backpack is another top rated item and it comes in a variety of fun colors!
7. For the new grad or super organized professional, this stethoscope and supply carrying case is adorable. I’ll be keeping my syringe pens in the teal blue one, thank you very much!
8. Nothing says “I’m a millennial nurse” more than a monogrammed Apple Watch band, am I right?
9. For the nurse who has 2020 vision but always wanted to wear glasses to look cute (“I swear things far away are a bit blurry”), these blue light blocking glasses finally give her an excuse!
10. If you find yourself coloring on your days off, why not color in this nurse coloring book? Warning: this is the “sweary midnight edition” and NOT safe for work.
11. Everyone knows that there is no wrath like that of a nurse who had her favorite pen stolen. This set of syringe pens and highlighters is perfect for the nurse obsessed with office supplies (I’m guilty).
12. Whether you need to relax or stay awake on the ride home, these essential oil car diffusers will provide an olfactory experience right through the air vents.
13. My go-to coffee delivery device. It needs no introduction.
14. What’s better than a cute and colorful hair tie? 100 cute and colorful hair ties!
15. This zipper pouch bracelet that holds your wedding rings might just be one of the most genius and practical inventions ever!
16. My go-to water delivery device. Also serves as a weapon while walking to your car alone at night.
17. I know that the Apple wireless earbuds are popular, but these matte colorful ones are cuter and a fraction of the price.
18. Continuing the colorful theme – how about a rainbow pair of bandage scissors??
19. I know we already talked hair ties, but these spiral hair ties are safe for hair and good looking on the wrist, too.
20. Last but not least, but something tells me atrial fibrillation sounds so much cooler through the ear pieces of this rose gold stethoscope.
BONUS! If you (or your nurse bestie) feel as though a new job, a promotion up the clinical ladder, or getting into grad school could be the best gift ever, take a look at my résumé templates, online courses, and custom résumé writing services!