If you’re buying gifts for nurses…good luck trying to find something original or actually practical.
To be honest, gifts are not my love language. I don’t much care for giving or receiving gifts (weird, I know).
This means that I rely on well researched gift guides, and often recommendations of others, to decide what to buy.
I never know what to give my nurse besties, and I also never know what to tell my family when they ask what I’d like as a gift. So, here are 20 gifts that are perfect for the medical professional in your life. I hope you find something you love for someone you love…even if that someone is you!
*Note: this post contains affiliate links
20 (HIGHLY RATED) GIFTS FOR NURSES
1. Kicking things off with a funny, this laryngoscope bottle opener is perfect for any rapid response enthusiast in your life!
2. If you’ve ever known the misery of cracked or discolored stethoscope tubing, you’ll be really excited to get your hands on a scopeskin – a washable neoprene protector for your scope (and your skin).
3. Can you imagine a non-medical person showing up to your house for the first time and finding a stuffed bodily organ on your bed or armchair? That experience can be YOURS with one of these colons from I Heart Guts (don’t worry, almost all organs are represented in plush and stickers).
4. Here’s a perfectly practical gift that’s great for someone in a hospital OR outpatient setting. This bag has tons of pockets, a laptop compartment, and is top rated by purchasers!
5. Who doesn’t need a good laugh after 2020? This funny pandemic mug is both heartwarming and hilarious!
6. Another practical gift! This trendy backpack is another top rated item and it comes in a variety of fun colors!
7. For the new grad or super organized professional, this stethoscope and supply carrying case is adorable. I’ll be keeping my syringe pens in the teal blue one, thank you very much!
8. Nothing says “I love you” like a glass of wine or in this case a funny wine glass!
9. If you find yourself coloring on your days off, why not color in this nurse coloring book? Warning: this is the “sweary midnight edition” and NOT safe for work.
10. For the nurse who has 20/20 vision but always wanted to wear glasses to look cute (“I swear things far away are a bit blurry”), these blue light blocking glasses finally give her an excuse!
11. This washable scrubs bag from STNKY.US is perfect for dealing with your clothes after a long shift, especially when you’ve been working in a COVID unit! Use my code RX25 at checkout for 25% off your order.
12. My go-to coffee delivery device. It needs no introduction.
13. Every good nurse loves a good tee, especially when it inspires other nurses! Check out these Nurses Inspire Nurses t-shirts.
14. What’s better than a cute and colorful hair tie? 100 cute and colorful hair ties!
15. Something tells me atrial fibrillation sounds so much cooler through the ear pieces of this rose gold stethoscope.
16. My go-to water delivery device. Also serves as a weapon while walking to your car alone at night.
17. Everyone knows that there is no wrath like that of a nurse who had her favorite pen stolen. I have this Retro pen myself and it’s certainly my favorite! Plus, it writes so smooth.
18. Continuing the colorful theme – how about a rainbow pair of bandage scissors??
19. These colorful socks are the perfect gift for that fun-loving nurse in your life!
20. Last but not least, this funny t-shirt from Medthusiast is bound to get some laughs.
BONUS! If you (or your nurse bestie) feel as though a new job, a promotion up the clinical ladder, or getting into grad school could be the best gift ever, take a look at my résumé templates, online courses, and custom résumé writing services!