Struggling to find your purpose in nursing? Answering “Why I love being a nurse?” requires mindfulness and satisfaction, and can be particularly tricky to figure out if you feel like you don’t know what your “purpose” is.
Finding your purpose is about many things- clarity, presence, passion, feeling connected to community, and feeling fulfilled by your unique contributions.
Life without a clear, defined purpose is challenging and can lead to feeling anywhere between bored and unsatisfied to as intense as anxious and miserable. It’s not uncommon to feel some existential crisis energy trying to decide on your purpose in life.
This is a big topic to tackle, which is why I am so grateful to welcome my special guest Elisabeth Collins, DNP, APRN-NP to the podcast!
In today’s episode, Elisabeth and I discussed:
- How to figure out what your purpose is in nursing
- Elisabeth’s nursing journey from teacher to RN to doctorally prepared nurse practitioner
- What to do if you’re feeling “stuck” on your career path
- Advice and steps for defining and aligning to your purpose
- And so much more!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Click Here To Read The Full Transcription for this episode!
- Learn more at theinnovativenp.com!
- Follow Elisabeth on Instagram @the.innovative.np
- It’s back to school time! Save 25% on digital templates and programs with the code BACKSTOSCHOOL now through September 8th 2022. Http://learn.theresumerx.com
- If you enjoyed this episode and would like to support me in being able to create new & valuable content for The Nurse Becoming Podcast, buy me a coffee here ☕️ 😊
Listen to more episodes here!