Advice that every new grad nurse needs to hear? Here’s what I’ve learned:
There is absolutely no shame in having hundreds of questions post-graduation, because being a new nurse is overwhelming.
Most new grads I hear from are busy right now scanning job boards, applying to graduate school, and trying to soak up at least some of their summer break (which, you deserve!)
So I thought, there’s no better way to support recent graduates right now than to bring back this well-timed “Best Of Nurse Becoming Podcast” episode: New Grad Nurses, Ask Amanda Anything!
In this “Best Of” episode, I’m answering your questions:
- As a student nurse, what can I do now that I can add to my résumé that will make me stand out when applying for jobs?
- Should you include your high school diploma information? What about your GPA?
- Should I include details under my clinical rotations?
- How do I include non-healthcare work on my résumé?
I also answer a couple of frequently asked questions about how to navigate the job search process as a new graduate nurse.
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- If you enjoyed this episode and would like to support me in being able to create new & valuable content for The Nurse Becoming Podcast, buy me a coffee here ☕️ 😊
Listen to more episodes here!