On today’s podcast episode, we’re talking about a heavy, more emotionally-charged topic: workplace harassment.
I know this topic may be a bit out of the ordinary from what you’d normally hear from me, but this is an important conversation I’ve been wanting to have for a long time.
My guest today is McKinley Hindi, CEO and founder of Anita.
Her expertise spans international business, national politics and technology. She is a Leader 50 member, and a founding board member of AnnieCannons, a nonprofit transforming survivors of human trafficking into software professionals.
McKinley’s personal experiences struggling with harassment in multiple professional environments compelled her to create a nuanced tool for documenting harassment experiences. This experience inspired the web-based app, Anita.
In this eye-opening interview, McKinley and I discuss:
- Defining workplace harassment and unlearning our preconceived notions of harassment
- McKinley’s powerful Why and the “One Moment” where she knew she wanted to empower the individuals who are experiencing workplace harassment.
- The Power Hierarchy built into the medical field…
💜 McKinley shared very openly about her experiences trying to secure her “seat at the table” amidst being on the receiving end of harassment.
- Categories and examples of harassment that are commonly overlooked.
- The different shades of harassment and how factors of age, race, and gender dynamics contribute to microaggressions in the workplace.
- How intentionally-designed data reporting and documentation software like Anita is facilitating real-world change in supporting the human over the enterprise.
- Plus, insightful questions from you, my Instagram community!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Discover app.myanita.io – your ally against workplace harassment
- Berxi is an insurance company that really focuses on the needs of nurses and they’re working to make getting malpractice insurance easier and more affordable – you can get a free quote by heading to berxi.com/theresumerx
Listen to more episodes here!