You know the old saying, “When it rains, it pours”?
Well- Dr. Nina Ahuja has no problem saying it like it really is, “Stressful moments don’t come in solitude”.
Dr. Nina Ahuja is an award-winning Ophthalmologic Surgeon of 17 years, Author of “Stress In Medicine” and the Founder of Docs In Leadership, a platform that supports and promotes physician-developed leadership curriculum.
When COVID-19 related stresses and uncertainties hit, Nina felt compelled to help students and early career physicians navigate what they were going through.
But she didn’t want to direct people to a stuffy sterile research paper – So instead, Dr. Nina Ahuja shares her remarkably honest wisdom for overcoming stress and burnout (that is neither dry nor sterile).
In this episode, we talked about:
- Dr. Nina Ahuja’s story, how she identified “the gap” in medical education and what led her to start her organization, Docs In Leadership
- How COVID-19 not only exacerbated, but shined the light of truth on the undercurrent of stress pre-existing in healthcare
- The culture of silence in the nursing profession (and why we must talk about it)
- Dr. Nina Ahuja’s A.D.M.I.T Framework and how it can help you tackle difficult personal and professional challenges
- How to deal with stress in the workplace and build a support network
- The power of mentorship, vulnerability and empathy
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Read Dr. Nina Ahuja’s Book, “Stress In Medicine”
- Follow Dr. Nina Ahuja on Instagram
- Learn more about Docs In Leadership
- Contact Dr. Nina Ahuja directly email@example.com
- Follow Dr. Nina Ahuja on Twitter
Listen to more episodes here!