I know most of you are familiar with primary prevention in terms of disease, but what about primary prevention related to your work? Stay with me, it will make sense!
Today’s episode is about how to avoid that “ugh” feeling every time a new work week comes around. We talk about how to prevent job dissatisfaction on the front end, what to do when you take the job and it’s not a good fit, and how to plan your exit if you’re at your wits end.
Some of what we lay out in today’s episode:
- Start with a strategic job search — and ask all your questions in the interview!
- Take responsibility for your support.
- Find and identify mentors as early as possible.
- Recognize who is not on your side.
- Don’t wait for your career to happen to you — be active!
Remember that you have control over many circumstances, and if you don’t, you can still control your thoughts and feelings in response.
And in the meantime, I’m rooting for you!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
Hey podcast lovers! I’m hosting a private podcast mini-series all about how to find, land, and love your NP job on January 26-28th but you have to sign up (for free!) to get the private podcast feed link. Click here to get access!
Listen to more episodes here!