We’re right at the start of a new semester, and if you’re anything like I was when I was in school, this is the time of year you set your goals, put your head down, and get to work.
Today’s episode is for you. We’re talking all about making a plan for after graduation — when to start the job search, where to look, and how to land your first job. Maybe even before you’ve collected your diploma.
Josh Castilleja is a registered nurse and a former client, and he’s got some really practical advice on how to tick off a few job search boxes while still in school.
- Do some soul searching and figure out what specialty interests you the most.
- Find and join a professional organization focused on that specialty and attend chapter meetings to connect with local professionals in your field.
- Find and attend a student conference, ask questions, and do some networking.
- Familiarize yourself with the hospitals in the surrounding area and connect with those in positions of leadership.
- Don’t be afraid to be bold – you alone know the extent of your passion, and you shouldn’t be afraid to advocate for yourself.
By implementing all these steps, Josh landed a job that wasn’t even posted five months before he graduated or earned his license. So it’s safe to say this method works!
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
Did you enjoy this episode? Support Josh by donating to one of his chosen non-profits:
- Wounded Warrior Project
- The Pink Zebra Club (supporting NICU, child loss, and rare disease families)
- Click here to watch my free masterclass: The 3-part Formula To Landing Your Dream Nursing Job
Listen to more episodes here!