This week we are continuing our discussion about mentorship and what it looks like to transition from student to provider. Last week I talked with Liz Rohr from Real World NP, and this week I’m excited to chat with Ann Konkoly, CNM.
In this week’s episode, Ann and I had a very candid conversation about the topic of APRN mentorship and burnout. As a life coach and APRN mentor, Ann focuses on helping individuals who are feeling stuck, uncertain, or overwhelmed about what’s next.
Some things we cover:
- How can nursing professionals work towards career goals while also being mindful of their personal goals?
- Burnout – what it looks like and how to really prevent it (hint: self-care isn’t the answer)
- Is our profession letting down new APRNs?
- What does ideal support for new graduates look like?
- How being a new APRN is like the post-partum period.
Thank you for tuning in for this conversation – Ann and I are both so passionate about helping to ease this transition for new providers. Is this something you are struggling with or are concerned about? Join the conversation and tag us on instagram when you listen.
LINKS & RESOURCES MENTIONED TODAY:
- Ann’s site: Authentic Koaching
- Ann’s group for APRNs: The APRN Academy
- Leave a review on Apple Podcasts
Listen to more episodes here!